Seems like it was just yesterday when Hayward Charles solidified his HERO FC Welterweight Title back in January with an impressive finish. Now the time is upon us come June 6th at the Jacob Brown auditorium at “Best of the Best 5” to battle once more for the HERO FC Middleweight Throne! They say your not a TRU Champ till you defend the belt….. with not only the title up for grabs the $50,000 contract is as well, and you can bet that the pressure is on! We caught up with Hayward for a short interview on his upcoming match.
1) This is your first title defense as the HERO FC middleweight champion , how do you feel about it? I feel Blessed.. I feel a champion isn’t a true Champion until they defends the Title!
2) Do you know anything about your opponent and did you do anything special for him and this fight? I know he wants to knock me out.. he hits hard but, I’ve been hit hard before.. I know he won’t get what he wants with Me!
3) What does being the HERO FC champ and having the $50,000 contract mean to you? Being Champ is a blessing and proves Hard Work pays off! It means alot to me because you can live off of 50K if you are a true fighter.. you know it isn’t Easy to make a living Fighting!
4) Your a decorated BJJ player, currently brown belt of 4 years and overdue on you black. Is your game plan to utilize them skills come June 6th and go straight for the submission, or play the fight wherever it goes ? Plan is to continue being successful… continue Progressing for the Best in All Aspects!
5) What’s your plan after this fight if you come out victorious? Continue Progressing for the Best in All Aspects!
6) Anybody you like to thank or give a shout out too? I want to thank My Family Friends and Fans who have supported me on my journey! Shoutouts to Hero Fc for giving me the Opportunity, and Tru Bloodline for the coverage and support!
Fight Card: (subject to change)
MAIN EVENT: Danny Salinas vs Alex Hernandez – NEW $50,000 CONTRACT & TITLE
Eli Urbina vs Travis Cox- TEAM URBINA GREAT FIGHT
Hayward Charles vs Gemiyale Adkins – DEFENDING HIS $50,000 CONTRACT & TITLE
Gilbert Urbina vs Anthony Tatum – TEAM URBINA GREAT FIGHT
Rey Trujillo vs Dimitre Ivy – DEFENDING HIS $50,000 CONTRACT & TITLE
Michael Saucedo vs Nick Bella – SEASONED FIGHTERS
Guillermo Gonzales vs Sammy Sifuentes – PRO DEBUT SAMMY
Juan Deantes vs Adonis Saucedo – PRO DEBUT BOTH FIGHTERS
Santiago Cobos vs Aaron Gomez – FIRST FIGHT OF THE NIGHT
Highlight picture video from “Best of the Best 4”